LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:09:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from James Hogg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:59:29 -0400
>From: James Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7658.2 DAEWOO Code-free Dealer (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Does anyone have experience buying code free DVD players from
220-electronics?

http://www.220-electronics.com/

They have many DVD players from different companies. They also give
information about the pluses and minuses of the different companies'
players, for example their PAL/NTSC converters. It seems Daewoo has a
weak converter. I own a Daewoo unit at home bought at Target. I have
found that it has trouble playing feature rich DVDs. Specifically our
"Finding Nemo" has successfully played only a couple of times. The deck
vibrates and "grinds" as it tries to read it then gives a "no disc"
message.

Otherwise, we have had no problems with Region 1 and Region 2 discs in
it.

If I were to buy a new DVD player today, I would give 220-electronics a
try.

Jim