LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:43:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from James Hogg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:57:27 -0400
>From: James Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7665 Quitting Chinese Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your
Health
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

This is very interesting. The disclaimer is not for Chinese, Spanish or
any specific textbook, but rather for their entire corporation.
McGraw-Hill has been a tremendous backer of the "Leave No Child Behind"
act. They are earnestly preparing materials for teachers to "teach for
the test." I think this protects them from much larger law suits when
schools become disqualified for federal education money after buying
hook line and sinker into McGraw-Hill's education solutions.

http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/whatsnu_bush-mcgraw.html

Its not about educating its about testing and who will not be held
accountable.

Jim