LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:43:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt

>Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:48:55 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt      <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Television on the Web

        This has been a vexing problem for quite a few years, and i
hope someone has a solution.
        I use excerpts of Television News in several of my French classes.
I find "TF1 Interactif" most instructor-friendly because
a) one can click on an item of interest at any place in a given day's
"journal televise" -rather than rely on a time line as with France
2's "journal",
b) their archives go back one month, which enables me to go back to
an item several times, and use it for different types of activities.
        This all works very well with a PC, using either Windows
Media Player or Real. NOT SO WITH MAC (OS 10.3): I have found no
access at all with either Safari or Firefox, whether I chose  Windows
Media Player or Real. (I have the latest versions of all.) With
Internet Explorer 5.2, I can access the whole "journal", but only to
watch from beginning to end, with no control, not even the ability to
pause.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Francoise
--