LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:43:29 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:59:02 -0700
>Subject: DigitalStream2005 Call for Proposals
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>

Call For Proposals

DigitalStream 2005 Theme

  Theory and Practice: Foreign Language Pedagogy with Evolving Technology

Emerging Technologies in Teaching Languages and Cultures
7th annual DigitalStream Conference
and
SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technology Spring Meeting
 March 24-26, 2005
California State University Monterey Bay

Subject areas include:
$E1     Technology Integration in the Language Classroom
$E1     Teaching Strategies and Activities for Using Technology in the Language
Class
$E1     The Use of Technology in Language Proficiency Assessment
$E1     Language Learning Lab Management and Issues
$E1     Distance & Online Language Learning
$E1     Technology Application for Teaching Languages at Risk
$E1     Creating Effective Virtual Language Learning Environments and Issues
$E1     Workshops and Demonstrations of the Use of Technology in Teaching Language
and Cultures
$E1     Research in Language Learning and Technology

Proposal Guidelines:
$E1     Proposals will be limited to a 150-word abstract
$E1     Proposals are due no later than December 3rd, 2005
$E1     Presenters will need to submit a final manuscript for the proceedings by Feb
1st, 2005 to be included in the         conference proceedings.
$E1     Please note:
$E1     Multimedia projectors, screens, white boards and microphones will be
available. For other equipment needs, including assistive technology, please
contact us directly.
$E1     CSU Monterey Bay has wireless capability in our conference facilities.
$E1     Presenters should bring 35-40 copies of their handouts for distribution.
$E1     Presenters will receive registration fee discounts. Travel expenses will not
be covered.
$E1     Presentation forums will include: large group, small group and roundtable
sessions.
$E1     Presenters will be notified of session format upon acceptance of proposal.

All language teachers (K-12 plus higher education) are encouraged to submit
proposals.

We are accepting proposals via the DigitalStream website: [
http://csumb.edu/digitalstream/ ]http://csumb.edu/digitalstream/
          The DigitalStream website will be updated regularly. Please check
often!

 If you have any questions, please contact: [log in to unmask] /
831-582-4450

Yoshiko Saito-Abbott, Ph.D.
Professor of World Languages and Cultures

Richard P. Donovan
Extended Ed & International Programs

John C. Ittelson, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Technology and Communications Design

* LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.