LLTI Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:41:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7651 Television on the Web
>Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:42:16 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Dear Francoise,

You might want to take a look at the following neat application for
French-language TV news on the web.  It's not exactly the solution to
your problem but may be another interface to the content you're looking
at.
http://www.doktorkleanor.com/en/chirurgie/
en_scripts_modernes.php#frenchtvnews

Kindest regards,

On Oct 4, 2004, at 10:43 AM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
>
>> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:48:55 -0700
>> To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>> From: Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
>> Subject: Television on the Web
>
>         This has been a vexing problem for quite a few years, and i
> hope someone has a solution.
>         I use excerpts of Television News in several of my French
> classes.
> I find "TF1 Interactif" most instructor-friendly because
> a) one can click on an item of interest at any place in a given day's
> "journal televise" -rather than rely on a time line as with France
> 2's "journal",
> b) their archives go back one month, which enables me to go back to
> an item several times, and use it for different types of activities.
>         This all works very well with a PC, using either Windows
> Media Player or Real. NOT SO WITH MAC (OS 10.3): I have found no
> access at all with either Safari or Firefox, whether I chose  Windows
> Media Player or Real. (I have the latest versions of all.) With
> Internet Explorer 5.2, I can access the whole "journal", but only to
> watch from beginning to end, with no control, not even the ability to
> pause.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
> Francoise
> --
> Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
> Senior Lecturer
> French Department #2580
> Berkeley CA 94720-2580
> Office Phone:   (510) 642 2182
> Dept. Phone:    (510) 642 2712
> Dept. Fax: (510) 642-8852

Michael Heller
Director of Language Learning Technology
DI-287B, 973-655-7504 Voice, 973-655-4060 Fax
http://www.montclair.edu/~hellerm/