LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:17:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:50:10 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7645 CD/DVD jukebox server

We tried this for CDs a few years ago, and eventually scrapped the unit
(used the CD drives elsewhere, etc.)  The idea sounds good, but the cost
is quite high, the demands on bandwidth also quite high, and in
practical terms, it never panned out.  Maybe things have improved in the
last few years, but I'd think twice before using this to "avoid handing
out CDs/DVDs"...

--- Forwarded Message from Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:19:03 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CD/DVD jukebox server

Hello, all;

We're putting in a new lab in the summer.

I would greatly appreciate advice regarding CD-ROM/DVD jukebox type
servers.

We would like to be able for students to work on multimedia programs
and
watch DVD's without handing out the discs.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Karl

Karl W. Fisher