LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:39:55 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Doug Worsham" <[log in to unmask]> ---

Carol Reitan wrote:
> I've been asked to recommend a brand of speaker they can
> plug into their laptops that will be loud enough for a standard
classroom.

We've been using the Yamaha MS101 II
<http://www.fullcompass.com/Products/pages/SKU--28303/> . It does a
great job with sound from laptops in regular-size classrooms and even
pinch hit recently as the PA system for an instructor playing a DVD in a
large lecture hall. Everyone who has used it so far this semester has
been pleased.

I hope this helps,

Doug

---
Doug Worsham
Foreign Language Technologist
AV Services Coordinator
L&S Learning Support Services
246 Van Hise Hall, UW-Madison
Madison, WI  53706
608/262-4965

--- Forwarded Message from "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:30:54 -0700
>From: "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Speakers for the classroom

Hi,

Some of our instructors project lesson materials including movies from
laptops
in their classrooms. I've been asked to recommend a brand of speaker
they can
plug into their laptops that will be loud enough for a standard
classroom.

Can any of you recommend a particular brand that has worked for you or
the
instructors you work with?

Carol

Carol H. Reitan