LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:14:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Otmar K. Foelsche ---

>Date: 15 Sep 2004 10:18:10 EDT
>From: Otmar K. Foelsche
>Subject: job posting for IALLT listserve
>To: LLTI-Editor

--- Forwarded Message from Jenifer Ward <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Jenifer Ward <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: job posting for IALLT listserve
>Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:24:38 -0500

Greetings.
Our departing language center director referred me to you for posting our job
opening in the IALLT listserve.  Is this correct?  Thanks for your assistance.
Jenifer Ward

Director: Culpeper Multimedia Language Center

 Gustavus Adolphus College is seeking a Director for a state-of-the-art
Macintosh-based multimedia language center. As the key person responsible for
developing a vision and mission for the Culpeper Center, the main duties of the
Director will be to plan and assist in the development of web-based multimedia
materials that enhance the learning process; support and train faculty in the
design/implementation of media-based materials; plan and assist in the
development of in-house materials and software as needed. The Director, in
consultation with the departments of Information Technology and Modern
Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, will lead the development of these
technologies and direct the outreach efforts of the Center as it works to
promote multimedia instruction within language and across the curriculum. In
addition, the Director will supervise the management, scheduling, and
utilization of the 22-station Culpeper Center
(http://www.gac.edu/Academics/Culpeper/).

 A Masters Degree in Educational or Instructional Technology is desirable, as is
proficiency and demonstratred familiarity with pedagogical and curricular trends
in one or more modern languages; candidates with proven experience in multimedia
and web-based course development will also be considered. Experience using HTML
and familiarity with Web authoring systems is essential.

 The position is a twelve-month administrative position with competitive salary
and benefits beginning September 15, 2004. Applications should be directed to
Bruce Aarsvold, Department of Information Technology, Gustavus Adolphus College,
800 West College Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082.  The committee will begin
reviewing applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.

 Gustavus Adolphus College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in
the Minnesota River Valley near the Twin Cities, with a strong commitment to
multicultural and international education, and an expanding modern language
program, including a language requuirement.  It is the policy and practice of
Gustavus Adolphus College to provide equal educational and employment
opportunities for all.  We especially encourage applications from women,
minorities, and persons with disabilities.

Dr. Jenifer K. Ward, Chair
Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W. College Ave.
Saint Peter, MN 56082
(507) 933-7390--office