LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:45:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7633 High School Labs
>Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:41:41 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hello Rowena,

Your question has come up before so I hope you get useful responses.
But first, a question. While we use Apple Remote Desktop here, we do
not use it or recommend it for audio communications. (It wasn't
designed for that.) I'm curious why you want the computers to
facilitate this rather demanding technical task over simply having
students speak face-to-face? Are you pairing students up over a
distance, such as between different schools? If not, what do the
computers add to this activity that is not present in simply pairing
students up face-to-face?

-John
John de Szendeffy
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph                      617.353.7957
fx                      617.353.6195
lab                     http://www.bu.edu/celop/mll/