LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:14:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Rowena Mak <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Rowena Mak <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: High School Labs
>Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:35:59 -0500

Hi,
Our school operates on a Mac platform and we are shopping for a new
language lab.  I visited Bowling Green University in the spring and was
very impressed with the Apple Remote Desktop that Dr. Skulas has
utilized to implement their lab.  However, I am still looking for a
product that can facilitate the oral component that will enable the
teacher to pair up students simultaneously to complete
listening/speaking activities.

I have checked out Wimba and while their products seem impressive, they
are not compatible with our needs.  Are there any high schools that
operate on a Mac platform and have found a solution for the oral
component.

Thanks for your help.
****
Rowena Mak