LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:59:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Davies, Larry" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Davies, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]"
<[log in to unmask]>,        "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:42:19 -0400
>Subject: Online course evaluation systems

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for crossposting on three separate lists....

Our university is looking to move their Faculty course evaluation system to
a centralized, secure online location. We are currently using a "scantron"
card system, and the powers that be have decided to move to something higher
tech.

The system needs to 1) authenticate student identification, 2) authenticate
their enrollment in the course and 3) report all information in a variety of
flexible ways blindly after the authentication process. Again, this system
needs to be run on a secure server where the data is centrally banked for
further demographic study. A system that is web-based and authorable is, of
course, best. Open Source solutions would be very welcome.

Can anyone recommend anything they know about, whether your own institution
uses it or you are aware of a good practice in course evaluation online,
please email me directly or post to this list, or both.

Kindest regards,

Larry Davies
Faculty Instructional Technician
Electronic Portfolio Development & Instruction Lab, Title V Cooperative
St. Thomas University
16401 NW 37th Ave.
Miami Gardens, FL 33054
305-474-6826