LLTI Archives

September 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:58:40 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:13:16 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: chat activities
>Disposition-Notification-To: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Return-Receipt-To: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>

Hello fellow LLTI'ers,
I am in the process of developing a short introduction to the idea of using CHAT
as a language teaching tool (in the effort of bringing to light the many recent
research studies on this topic), and since no one here on campus has done this
in the past, I am trying to get some ideas for activities to suggest as starting
blocks.  I am wondering if anybody currently using chat would be willing to
share some of their "chat" ideas with myself and with my colleagues.  All
authors will be recognized when ideas are introduced.  Also, does anyone have
any good book resources on this topic as well?

We are particuarly looking for activities that would not involve outside
exchanges (at least initially).

Thank you,
Deanne Cobb
Language Lab Manager