LLTI Archives

August 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:42:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Dick Feldman <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:23:23 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Dick Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Student video subtitle software

Friends,
A teacher of a third-year Spanish translation course would like to
have her students watch a Spanish video, then in pairs, supply
subtitles to short (several minutes) sections of the movie.  They
would then like to view the movie put back together with the student
subtitles.  They see this as a one-week project.
Clearly this can be done in iMovie, but not very elegantly or simply.
We do not want the students complaining that it has turned into a
class in video editing.  Any experiences/ideas for simple ways to do
this?
Thanks,
--
Dick Feldman, Director