LLTI Archives

August 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:35:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Penn State Outreach and Continuing Education"

>To: "PA School List" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Penn State Outreach and Continuing Education" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Penn State's New Internet Software Training Available
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:24:34 -0400

Dear list owner or Web user:

We believe that you will find the following information of interest to your
subscribers and are offering it for your consideration. It is our goal to
provide outreach education to interested individuals. Please let us know if you
plan to post this information to your listserv.

If you have any suggestions or comments about how we can best meet the needs of
your group, or if you prefer that we remove your group from future postings, we
welcome your response.

Thank you.

POSTING:
Penn State$E2s New Internet Software Training Available
Fall 2004
University Park Campus
State College, Pennsylvania

Penn State Continuing Education and the College of Engineering$E2s Computer
Science Department will begin offering basic and advanced Internet
software-development certificate programs this fall on the University Park
campus. Each certificate program will consist of four new 3-credit courses
designed to train people for work in the lucrative open-source software market.

Penn State$E2s new certificate programs will train programmers in a wide array
of Web-related, open-source programming, including how to build a system$E2s
backbone using free Linux software, add shopping carts and inventory controls to
a Web site, increase network stability and sharing capabilities, construct
intricate and secure databases, and develop internal and external communication
tools.

More information on the certificate programs can be obtained by contacting the
Continuing Education office at 814-865-3443, toll free at 800-228-1627, or by
visiting the Web site at http://www.PSU4YOU.org/progd

For more information about this program, please visit the Web site:
http://www.PSU4YOU.org/progd

For information about any of Penn State's other upcoming outreach programs,
visit our Web site: http://www.outreach.psu.edu

This publication is available in alternative media on request. Penn State is
committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its
workforce.

This posting was submitted to your listserv administrator by Penn State. Your
listserv administrator approved and sent you this notice. This e-mail was
submitted only once. If you have concerns, please e-mail
[log in to unmask] To be removed from any future mailing, reply to this
e-mail with the word REMOVE in the body.

Internet Research Associate
Outreach Office of Marketing
The Pennsylvania State University
2505 Green Tech Drive, Suites E, F, G