LLTI Archives

August 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:14:01 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jose Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Cc: "Sandra W. Butler" <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Jose Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Accented letters in Blackboard 6
>Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:46:19 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are migrating our Blackboard environment from BB5.5 to BB6.1 and are
noticing some problems with the correct display of accented letters.
(example: an "e" + accent grave will display as an i or h or question
mark). This happens whether the letter was typed through keystroke
combinations or by typing in the html code for the letter. The problem
is also independent of computer platform (happens equally as well on
PCs as on Macs)

Has anyone else experienced this problem? A quick Google search showed
that Princeton University has also encountered this issue.
( http://www.princeton.edu/as/bbfaq/#11 )

We are currently at Blackboard 6.1.5 build 5, Application Pack 1. And
the problems seem to have started after installation of App Pack 1.
Still we are not certain as to the timing.

Thank you,
Jose

Jose C. Rodriguez
Director of Technology: Emory College Language Center
office: 404.727.9351
cell: 404.909.2365
fax: 404.727.2257
http://www.emory.edu/COLLEGE/LANGCTR/