LLTI Archives

August 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:13:59 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Donnie Sendelbach <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date:         Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:39:09 -0400
>From: Donnie Sendelbach <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Online scheduling for lab use
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Donnie Sendelbach <[log in to unmask]>

Dear all,

I'm writing to see if anyone has suggestions for a web-based tool allowing
faculty to reserve a lab for a class on their own.  Because my duties have
shifted dramatically over the summer, we're looking into ways to streamline
the daily operations of a humanities computer lab to free up my time for
other concerns.

Is there anything in the way of freeware or a commercial product that would
be easy to use?  It should be something that allows an individual to post a
class and delete it if needed, but not allow the individual to delete
someone else's posting.  It should also be something that can be limited to
faculty use rather than for the whole campus.  If there's something
web-based that faculty members could access both on and off campus, that
would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!

DS

Donnie Sendelbach, Ph.D.