LLTI Archives

August 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:12:55 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: circulating software?
>Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:26:12 -0400

For years we have barcoded not only the texts and videos in our LLRC, but
also the language learning software.  The software is allowed to be signed
out by students and faculty, just as our text collection may be signed out.
However, in this age of copyright confusion, I am beginning to wonder if
allowing students to sign out software puts us somewhere outside of the
legalities of fair use.  What policies do the rest of you follow on software
circulation?  (Please reply off-list!)  Thanks.

Regards,
Sue

Susan Breeyear
Assistant Director, IT