LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:36:42 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Thea Rusthoven" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Thea Rusthoven" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #7586.7 iPods instead of audio consoles (!)
>Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:28:10 -0700

Is one of the reasons you don't use iPods more extensively is that they
cannot properly replace the microphone/headset in the traditional set-up?
Do students need the microphone in order to hear themselves properly?  If
not, why not just go with individual i-pods?  --and they could speak loudly
somewhere in private.

Also, iPods would not work for a text like French in Action which has CDs
which may only be used in a lab.

Thea van Til Rusthoven, Ph.D.
Redeemer University College
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada