LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:33:30 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Laboratories and Archives

>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:51:28 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7589 Putting audio cd on a server

>--- Forwarded Message from Hadassah Nemovicher <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:40:42 -0400
>>From: Hadassah Nemovicher <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Puting audio cd on a server
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi,
>I need some instruction on the following:
>I am looking to put  a set of audio cd's on a server. Then the student will
>not need to insert individual cd's in order to listen to the audio. He/she
>will need only click on an icone and the audio will come from the server.
>There is no copyrights issue. Do we need to convert the files to a
>different format?

You should not have to change formats. You may need to be sure you
have a player that will play the audio, but anything that will play
the audio from a CD should do it. iTunes on the Mac and Microsoft
Media Player both do this. What kind of computers will the students
be using? What kind of server?

Barbara Need
Manager (SS4)