LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:36:40 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Pete Smith <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Pete Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: And the Answer Is...
>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:31:09 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

        This is definitely not an easy group to catch unawares!  Indeed, all
of the respondents who remembered Ed Dente's appearance on Jeopardy!
(and also answered in the form of a question) got it right!
        I actually saw Ed on the show, quite by accident.  He appeared in late
Spring, 1995, just prior to IALL '95. I am rarely home in the
afternoon, but for some reason was not working and I was watching when
he came on and told the viewing audience that he was a language media
center director.  I didn't meet him in person until the meeting that
Summer at Notre Dame.
        Ed, may you continue to amaze us with the breadth and depth of your
knowledge, on topics far and wide.  Except for earwigs.  Never again
that category, please!!

Pete