LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:30:34 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:05:09 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7584 Language Lab and Library copyright status
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're getting
at, but our unit at Duke follows the copyright
standards and guidelines set by our university library
system. I consult with various members of the extended
library staff (film/video librarian, etc) to make sure
that lab practices are in line with library practices,
but the library sets the policies, not me. FLTS would
not allow copyright practices in the language labs
(duplication of copyrighted videotapes is a classic
example) that were not also acceptable in the library.

Hope this helps,
Samantha

Samantha Earp, Director
Foreign Language Technology Services