LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:30:32 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jack Burston" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #7582 Correction tools
>Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:22:45 -0400
>From: "Jack Burston" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Dear Betty,

The French Proofing Tools for Word was reviewed in CALICO a few years ago and,
while not quite as good as Le Correcteur, was nonetheless quite competent.  El
Corrector was also reviewed some time ago and proved disappointing compared to
its French stable mate. My guess is that the Spanish Proofing Tool would be
match for it.  In short, I think that the Word Proofing Tools would certainly be
worth considering. As you might know, the full complement of languages in the
tool kit covers Japanese, Chinese, Arabic as well as three dozen other
languages. Only the most common European languages, however, are bundled with
the English version of  Word.  The full multi-language kit is very inexpensive.
It only cost us about $15 per computer. Jack

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director