LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:58:42 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Laboratories and Archives

>Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:20:43 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7586.1 iPods instead of audio consoles (!)

The U Chicago Language Labs have begun to explore the question of
using iPods, but we are concerned about trying to ensure that
students cannot copy the audio files from the iPod. Apple tells me
that this is not easily done, but I have also heard that there is
software available to let one do it.

Also, Otmar, can you tell us more about your "filling station"?

Barbara Need
Manager (SS4)