LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:39:22 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:52:14 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Looking for Tandberg IS-9 Service unit
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"

For several years now we have had in storage a Tandberg IS-9 system with
consoles.  We now have a community college in American Samoa that is
interested in using it and we are willing to donate it to them.  The problem
is that in order to troubleshoot the tape recorder units when something goes
wrong with them you need to use the Tandberg IS-9 service unit that came
with the system when we purchased it.  We have only one such service unit
and we still need it as we have one IS-9 lab of 42 stations still being
actively used.  Apparently, Tandberg no longer sells these service units as
the IS-9 is no longer being made. I've seen postings on this list before of
IS-9 systems being dismantled and being made available.  Does anyone out
there still have an IS-9 service unit that they are willing to donate or
sell?   I've also seen postings of Tandberg headsets being available.  We do
not have headsets to go with the system that we're donating so the community
college would have to buy those, but if anyone has any they are willing to
part with I'm sure they would be interested in them.

Thank you.

Daniel Tom
Language Learning Center
University of Hawaii at Manoa