LLTI Archives

July 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:11:44 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:00:41 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7574 LangLab director with "fraudulent" PhD

Nina and others:

I am a language lab coordinator who is as fraudulent as Phoebe.
Aside from a workshop here and here, I learned all my computer stuff
by looking over people's shoulders...oh I forgot those highly
practical courses in Fortran and Snoball, etc.  My favorite web
programming manual is "View Page Source". I have a high-tech PhD in
medieval literature.  I can claim it is high-tech because I am a
MEDTEXTL listmember, and I legitimize my fraud with an IALLT
membership, and by hanging out occasionally at the CET (Middlbury).
The only thing I lack is that I am probably only a quarter as
competent as Phoebe.

My PhD is real but its not worth 2 cents, because I don't teach
anything I am trained in. I do have a genuine pseudonym.

So, who is the real fraud?

TBob (If it's cool to be fraud, someone should hire me)
Look it up in the Andy Holt Virtual Library
http://www.utm.edu/vlibrary/vlhome.shtml
Robert D. Peckham, PhD
Director, the Globe-Gate Project
Director, the Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Vice President, American Association of Teachers of French
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee-Martin
http://globegate.utm.edu/french/globe.html