LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:20:28 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ron Remschel <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:28:45 -0400
>From: Ron Remschel <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: #7571 Recommendations for digital labs or "virtual language
lab" PC software?
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>cc: Ron Remschel <[log in to unmask]>

Tom,

Whomever you contacted at Sony misspoke and I$E2d like to set the record
straight.

I worked for Sony for over 18 years, the last seven of which I headed up
their Education Systems business and oversaw the development of all their
language learning software products.  By coincidence, it was exactly one
year ago today that I left Sony and started SANS Inc. (Software and
Network Solutions).

For numerous reasons, including the ability to have a more dedicated
focus, Sony decided it would be best to outsource the continued support
and development of the software portion of their language learning
business.  SANS is the exclusive licensee/licensor of Sony$E2s Virtuoso
Instructional Control software, Soloist Digital PC Comparative Recorder
software and other products.  We have exclusive and perpetual rights to
the software know-how, trademarks, and related patents, with the
obligation to Sony of supporting, maintaining, and developing their
products.

During the past year, the products have had a tremendous number of
enhancements added (at no charge to our customers), and sales are stronger
than ever.  As a matter of fact, we will be selling more systems this year
than Sony ever sold in a single year.

Sony does still sell and support the Symphony(R) LLC-8000A hardware system.
If you$E2d like to verify that, I$E2d suggest you contact Paul Knipp, Sony$E2s
Product Manager at [log in to unmask]

So, to answer your original question, Sony$E2s Virtuoso/Soloist system is an
all-digital, all-software system that does everything you mention and
much, much more.  Please contact me if you$E2d like to speak to any of our
customers.

Regards,

Ron Remschel
President, SANS Inc.