LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:20:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:38:03 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7571 Recommendations for digital labs or "virtual language lab"
PCsoftware?

I checked with Joe Bratton, a long time Sony rep, and here's his reply:

Read

I don't know who told you that Sony Learning System products have been
discontinued but as the Sony Dealer in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana,
Kentucky,
West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania I can tell you that it is not
true.
We receive Virtuoso, Soloist and the hardware products on a regular
basis. I
will forward your e-mail to the approperate people at Sony and at
Sans.If
there is anything that we can do to help you please do not hesitate to
ask.

Joe Bratton
Bratton Corporation
1105 Dublin Road
Columbus, Ohio 43215-1005
614-488-8181 Ext. 113
888-SONY LAB Ext. 113
FAX 614-488-8180
www.brattonlabs.com

--- Forwarded Message from <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Recommendations for digital labs or "virtual language lab"
PC
software?
>Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:39:28 -0500

Hello Everyone.

I found out from Sony that the Virtuoso and Soloist software and all
Sony
Learning Systems have been discontinued when I inquired about these
products.

Tandberg/Sanako makes the Divace which is a hardware card/software
combination.

Does anyone know of an all software solution for this I wiould like to
find a
system that gives language lab intercom and instructor monitoring
functions and
dual track recording for students on on PCs.

We are looking into all digital replacements for our Tandberg IS-10 at
Northeastern Illinois University.

Most systems seem to be a hardware software mix but Sony's used to work
over a
LAN with no additonal wiring or hardware other than the LAN cables and
the
instructor console with analog audio and video source devices connected
to it.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Vendor and
manuafacturer
websites, as usual, are not very detailed in ther descriptions.

We run Windows XP SP1 on campus.

Thanks
Tom Griffin
Northeastern Illinois University