LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:10:11 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:52:20 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7554 wireless laptop classrooms, anyone?

We use laptop carts... we have some relatively small ones for 10-12
student classes, and one larger one we just received on a grant.  We
have yet to see how/if it will be used.  I have read articles that show
that the carts are often used for recharging the laptops, but they're so
heavy they tend to stay in one location rather than being truly mobile.

Good luck...

--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: wireless laptop classrooms, anyone?
>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:44:08 -0400

Hi folks,
I'm trying to hook up with some colleges that supply wireless laptop
computers to classrooms by way of laptop carts.  We'll be starting to
implement wireless in the fall, and I'm at my wits' end as to how to do
it
effectively.  If your school (or better yet, if YOU) can give me some
input
on how the carts are used in the classrooms, the process of checking
them
out, and how much support they require, I'd truly appreciate it--and
would
be happy to share with the rest of you if anyone else is going through
this
process.

Thanks.

Cheers,