LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:10:01 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:44:03 -0400
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CALICO Review - Summer Edition
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Please excuse the cross posting

Dear Colleagues,

It's with pleasure that we welcome the first day of summer with the latest
volume of the CALICO Review.  Continuing with our efforts to provide
evaluations of software for sign language users, my co-reviewers Dominique
Lepoutre, Michel Lelievre and I are happy to offer you an assessment of Le
Francais sur le bout des doigts, an innovative beginning level program
designed to enhance French vocabulary acquisition for Quebecois sign
language users. Another team effort, this time by Nobuko Taguchi and Keiko
Schneider, brings you the review of the Longman English Interactive ESL
program for beginner-high intermediate level learners.  Teachers of Arabic
are sure to appreciate Mohammad Alhawary's evaluation of Tell me More -
Arabic, an important addition to the very limited stock of good software for
beginner-intermediate level learners of that language.  Again, many thanks
to our reviewers for helping us all keep abreast of foreign language
software offerings.  Enjoy, Jack & Lee

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.                                  Lee Abraham, Ph.D
CALICO Software Review Editor              Department of Classical and