LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:10:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:49:26 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7555 Online editors for typing in French, Spanish, and other
languages

Can these be used in the Pocket PC 2003 environment?

--- Forwarded Message from Tomasz Szynalski <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Tomasz Szynalski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Online editors for typing in French, Spanish, and other
languages
>To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Members,

I recently finished developing JavaScript-based text editors designed
for typing in French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Portuguese.

I think they could be useful for foreign language learners (especially
beginners) as they let one enter foreign characters without memorizing
Alt codes or installing keyboard layouts. All you need to do is press
button or use an easy-to-remember keyboard shortcut (e.g. Ctrl+E for
$E9
in the French editor, Ctrl+E twice for e-grave, etc.)

The URLs are:
http://french.typeit.org
http://spanish.typeit.org
http://german.typeit.org
http://italian.typeit.org
http://portuguese.typeit.org

I also made an editor for typing IPA-based phonetic transcriptions
(for
English) at http://ipa.typeit.org

I thought you might be interested in taking a look at the editors. I
would be very grateful for your comments.

Best wishes,

Tomasz P. Szynalski