LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:52:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Majors <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:32:42 -0700
>Subject: Re: #7548 MB Quart Headsets
>From: Bob Majors <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum

> I recently purchased 2 MB Quart headsets "for a song" from Ebay.  These
> are the model that I believe was used in Tandberg systems at one time.
> The reason these 2 were so cheap is because they have the old DIN pins
> on the end.
> ... regarding re-wiring these and adding a stereo mini plug and a
> mic plug.  Has anyone done that successfully?

If they are truly DIN this may not apply, but I adapted Tandberg (TLH-74)
headsets for Digidesign Audiomedia 1 cards with mono mic and dual mono
outputs, anyway here are my notes:

Wiring (Nexus plug)
- Tip = headphone white = +.
- 1 = headphone grey = ground.
- 2 = microphone +.
- Sleeve = mic ground.

For sturdiness you might want to use heat shrink tubing over your dressings.

Bob Majors