LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:10:01 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Zachary Chandler <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:12:17 -0400
>From: Zachary Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #7546.1 IALLT wiki ?? (!)

That's a great looking site! I've been meaning to brush up on unicode (and
wikis) so I'll definitely be returning there. Fortunately, the kind of wiki i
was thinking of would be a nice complement (if one like this doesn't already
exist). I had in mind OS-specific stuff, like exact text descriptions on how to
change Region Settings in XP, keystrokes for the U.S. international keyboard,
finding phonetic qwerty keyboards for Russian in OSX, etc. the kind of stuff we
are all having to constantly update.

I guess I'd like to hear from the IALLT leadership on this one, I think it would
be a nice feature to add to iallt.org.

I, and I suspect others, would be willing to volunteer time to set it up.

best,
Zach