LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:06:25 EDT
use enclosure at your own risk - OTMAR

--- Forwarded Message from Mary Fetherston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:45:28 -0400
>Subject: Re: #7547 Sample permissions request letter?
>From: Mary Fetherston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Annelie,

Here is the template I use for permissions for which there are no
on-line forms.  Most large publishers have on-line forms or forms to be
downloaded and faxed.  Here is a list of a few I work with:

Heinle & Heinle, Thomson Learning:  web form, will not accept letters.
Get form at
http://www.thomsonrights.com

Houghton Mifflin:  http://college.hmco.com/how/how_reqperm.html for
non-print ancillary materials

McGraw Hill: has a web form I couldn't get to work, so I faxed letters.
Could be the web form just works with Windows (I admit I didn't try
that). Fax  # 1-212-904-6285. Their on-line form is at:
http://www.mhhe.com/catalogs/cust_serv/permissions.mhtml

Prentice Hall: web form at
http://www.prenhall.com/mischtm/permissions.html, download the form and
fax to 1- 201-236-3290

I get permissions for all the publisher's  materials we use and have
yet to be turned down.  Good luck!

Mary Fetherston
Supervisor, Language Learning Resource Center
University of Rhode Island
401-874-4719