LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:27:15 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Arlo J. Bensinger" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:46:12 -0400 (EDT)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Subject: Re: #7546 IALLT wiki ??
>From: "Arlo J. Bensinger" <[log in to unmask]>

Just an FYI-- CALPER is using a unicode Wiki (modified version of WakkaWiki) to
compile multi-lingual computing information. The site is relatively new, and I
have only recently started to add content. But if nothing else, it demonstrates
the use of a unicode-based Wiki.

http://calper.la.psu.edu/wiki/HomePage

Arlo

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:42:47, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Zachary Chandler <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Tue,  8 Jun 2004 14:13:50 -0400
> >From: Zachary Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
> >Subject: IALLT wiki ??
>

> Food for thought: What if IALLT had a wiki as part of its webspace that kept
up
> with changes in multilingual computing (i.e. typing diacritics, installing
> non-roman functionality, etc.) - a resource that all members could contribute
> to and benefit from? Most of us have versions of this on our sites already,
but
> wouldn't it be nice to have a peer-maintained authoritative source that would
> likely have very up-to-date information?
> Would others be interested in this?
>
> more info on wikis:
> http://ferret.bemidjistate.edu/%7Emorgan/cgi-bin/blogsandwiki.pl?WikiAndBlog
>
> best,
> Zach
>
> ==================================
> Zachary Chandler
> Language Technology Consultant
> Director, Language Resource Center
> Colby College
> Waterville, Maine 04901
> http://www.colby.edu/lrc/
> 207.872.3898
>

> Quoting LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>:
>
> > --- Forwarded Message from Nan Wang <[log in to unmask]> ---
> >
> > >Date:         Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:46:47 -0400
> > >From: Nan Wang <[log in to unmask]>
> > >Subject:      Integrated Chinese mp3 files, textbooks, and work book
> > >To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > Does anyone have Integrated Chinese mp3 files, textbooks, and work book
> > available?  I'm organizing the Chinese multimedia materials for preparation
> > for our server transition.
> >
> > Thank you so much for any help!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Nan Wang

Arlo Bensinger

Project Associate, Coordinator of Technology
Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education & Research (CALPER)
5A Sparks Building
University Park PA 16802

Office: 863-7041
Cell: 883-0435