LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:29:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Majors <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:57:54 -0700
>Subject: Re: #7541.3 Problems running HyperCard-based "French Pronunciation
Tutor" on new Macs (!)
>From: Bob Majors <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum

One thing I neglected to mention in my earlier post on running HyperCard
under Classic, is that I believe I initially built the OS 9 system with it
as a booting OS, then later used that for Classic (and the Carbon Copy
Cloner* image deployed by Net Restore* aided by some AppleScripts I wrote).
There may be some advantages in doing that (getting permissions correct
etc.); one thing for sure is that any problems encountered in initial
troubleshooting can be narrowed down to something other than running as
Classic (and/or Classic within ShadowClassic
<http://www.bombich.com/software/shadowclassic.html>) under OS X.  See also:
<http://www.macosxlabs.org/>.

* <http://www.bombich.com/>

Bob Majors