LLTI Archives

June 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:44:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:54:52 -0400
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Deadline coming soon for NECTFL proposals
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

The Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, the US's
oldest and second largest meeting of foreign language teachers (we had
2600+ attend our conference in NYC last April) once again has June 30th
as its deadline for submissions of session proposals, session
workshops, pre-conference workshops, and posters.  For more information
go to http://www.dickinson.edu/nectfl/proposalinfo.html.  The proposal
text is quite short!

For general information about the conference please go to
http://www.nectfl.org.  The 2005 Conference will again be in New York
City at the Marriott Marquis just off Times Square.  This is a hotel
with a Broadway theater inside of it, located close to many other major
theaters, and Restaurant Row.  Great location, great hotel, both.  It
will occur the last weekend of March/first weekend of April, 2005.

It is certainly not necessary to be from the Northeastern US to present
at or attend the Conference.  Attendees come from all over the world.
The Conference perceives itself as the "cutting edge conference" and
one that likes to show how research relates to practice, yet
presentations and workshops run the gamut of possibilities.  Technology
has been a major focus of the Conference in the past and continues to
be an important subject.

I hope that IALLT and LLTI members and readers will think hard about
attending NECTFL and presenting at it.  I will certainly be glad to
help anyone writing a proposal with feedback on the proposal before
submission.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] for more
information.

Best to all,

Mikle D. Ledgerwood
IALLT Affiliate Representative to the Northeast Conference on the
Teaching of Foreign Languages and

Chair of the Northeast Conference, 2005