LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 16:12:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Lisa Frumkes <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Lisa Frumkes <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Apex Learning seeking contractors: French and Spanish
>Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:17:14 -0700

Apex Learning, a leading provider of online high school courses and
curricular material, is once again seeking contractors to provide
instructional design expertise, write engaging, factually accurate online
instructional content and create assessments for use in high school
curricula.

Apex Learning currently has Contractor positions available for Content
Authors and Editors in French and Spanish.

Characteristic tasks will include:
        -       Writing stories, dialogs, and exercises with remediation.
        -       Developing culturally and geographically oriented rich in
imagery to stimulate student interest in other cultures.
        -       Creating and mapping assessments to learning material.
        -       Checking content for accuracy, continuity and pedagogical
appropriateness.

Qualifications include:
        -       Native or near-native fluency in French and/or Spanish;
        -       Excellent, demonstrable writing and editing skill in the
language (a writing sample will be required);
        -       Knowledge of and connections to the French- and/or
Spanish-speaking cultures;
        -       Experience creating and using computer-assisted language
learning (CALL);
        -       Faithful adherence to deadlines;
        -       An up-to-date computer and fast Internet connection that can
view multimedia on the Web;
        -       Creativity, imagination, and an ability to engage teenagers
with writing;
        -       Experience writing test items, including multiple-choice and
open-ended questions, etc. and;
        -       Teaching experience (especially at the high school level in
the US) preferred.

Time Requirement: Positions available range from several hours a week up to
full time for up to one year, depending on expertise and qualifications.

How to Apply: Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, a writing
sample in French and/or Spanish and other relevant work samples to
[log in to unmask] No calls please, and do not send materials directly
to any other Apex Learning email address.

To learn more about Apex and our offerings, please visit
www.apexlearning.com.

Lisa A. Frumkes
Producer, World Languages
Apex Learning Inc.