LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 17:17:32 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Fri, 21 May 2004 18:30:31 -0400
>From: Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Thank you from your new President-Elect
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>

Dear IALLT members,

It is a great honor to have been elected as President-Elect of IALLT and I
would like to thank you for your support and confidence in my candidacy. I
also would like to thank Sharon Scinicariello for volunteering to run for
this position and hope that she will be willing to run again as IALLT is
always looking for valuable candidates like her.

I also would like to thank David Pankratz, chair of the election committee,
and Cindy Bravo and Ed Dente, members of the election committee, for their
hard work, professionalism, and efficiency. Because of the unfortunate
circumstances that made this election necessary, their work was especially
difficult.

Finally, I have already started working in my official position and am very
enthusiastic and eager to serve you. As Peter Liddell, our president, so
elegantly said in one of his e-mails $E3Claire is stepping into her new role
without much of a grace period, so we will ask for your forebearance as she
learns the various duties of President Elect.$E4 Thank you Peter, I will need
it, but thanks to your expert leadership, this will be a smooth transition.

Thank you $E3all$E4 for your trust.

Sincerely,

Claire