LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 14:19:57 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:29:14 -0500
>From: "David Pankratz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Results of IALLT Special Election

Dear LLTIers,

The ballots are in and counted for the recently held IALLT special
election for President Elect. This election was held to fill the void
left by the passing of our beloved Ursula Williams. Voter turnout was
strong, which the election committee believes showed a high level of
support for each of our two candidates, Claire Bartlett and Sharon
Scinicariello. In addition to the many votes received by these
candidates, two persons received write-in votes: Andrew Ross and Judi
Franz.

As Election Committee Chair, I am happy to announce that the person
receiving the most votes in this special election is Claire Bartlett.
Claire will begin serving immediately as President Elect, under the
leadership of current president Peter Liddell. At IALLT 2005/ Fleat V at
Brigham Young University, Claire will be instated as IALLT President.

Please join me in congratulating Claire. We are confident that IALLT
will be in very good hands under her leadership.

Finally, I would like to express my thanks to both Claire and Sharon for
their willingness to serve. Let it be said that Ursula Williams would be
immensely happy to know that they rose to the occasion to support and
help infuse our organization with new life.

For more information about IALLT, visit www.iallt.org

The IALLT Elections Committee
David Pankratz, Past President and Chair
Cindy Bravo
Ed Dente