LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 15:29:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Laura Atkinson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:59:23 -0400
>From: Laura Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #7522 Windows updates and disk image management.

We use the built-in tools of Windows to restrict any changes to the
machines. We use mandatory profiles on a server and set the machines
locally to not propagate changes to the profile. We are using BigFix
throughout Arts and Sciences to apply patches, so I don't have to do those
manually. I rebuild the master image and reimage all the machines every
couple of months or so, and I add the newest patches at that time. It works
well.

Laura Atkinson
Technical Coordinator for Foreign Language Computing
Duke University

--On Tuesday, May 18, 2004 2:19 PM -0400 LLTI-Editor