LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 15:29:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Ralph A. Schultz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ralph A. Schultz" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7522 Windows updates and disk image management.
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:02:05 -0400

I also have Deep Freeze. I have a Ghosted image of our
computers on a Quantum Snap 80 gig drive. I turn off Deep
Freeze each Friday at 3:00 when our Lab closes or when
there are critical updates either from Norton or
Microsoft. I do not like leaving computers on unprotected
at night for the very reasons that you have stated. I
don't mind getting my hands dirty, but i guess you can
have Deep Freeze set to be off when you lab is closed
during the day, during the week when you are in and have
Norton and Microsoft push updates down to the computer....

If you need to call or e-mail me, don't hesitate.

Ralph Schultz

University of Virginia