LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 09:38:42 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 14:09:57 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7510.1 head phone question (!)
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

Hi, everybody;

You can buy the same Tandberg 200 Ohm headsets refurbished for a song from
eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64601&item=3095456604

You would have to read the diagram & solder your own phone jacks.

Tandberg and ASC both use this model. The high impedance speakers draw less
current than standard headsets and apparently (Google search) are common in
intercom applications. I also think that they last longer than consumer
grade headsets and are probably worth the extra money: Plus, students don't
steal them to use with their stereos & PC's.

Have a great day!
Karl

>--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>From: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>>Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:48:32 -0600
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>Subject: Re: #7510 head phone question
>
>To my knowledge, the only headsets that work with the Divace system are the
>headsets provided by Tandberg.  However, if you were interested in any
>particular brand from Koss, I would check with your Tandberg rep to find
>out if they had an adaptor.
>
>Good luck!
>Deanne Cobb
>University of Regina
>

>On Wed, 5 May 2004 16:48:16 EDT LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> --- Forwarded Message from Ralph Schultz <[log in to unmask]> ---
>>
>> >Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:14:56 -0400
>> >To: [log in to unmask]
>> >From: Ralph Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
>> >Subject: head phone question
>>
>> Do either the Koss or any headphone mentioned on our list server work
>> with Tandberg Divace system? That is with a phone jack. Or are they
>> all mini adaptors?
>
>Deanne Cobb
>Language Lab Manager
>Language Resource Centre