LLTI Archives

May 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 16:42:31 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:12:37 -0600
>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #7500.4 Word v.X not Unicode-capable (was: Mellel: word processor
for OS X)

I'm not sure exactly what these preference settings do.  They do NOT
make it possible for me to create or display Unicode test in
Microsoft Word v.X, even from the Latin Extended A character set.

Derek

> I'm not much on technology, but I think Word for OS X can be unicode
> compliant.  Try clicking on preferences, general, web options,
> encoding tab.

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: [log in to unmask]