LLTI Archives

April 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:39:02 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:53:27 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7490 recommendation for headphones (!)

Hi David and others,
I want to second Jack's recommendation.  However, the Califone 3066AV does
not work with iMacs, according to this website:
<http://www.schooloutfitters.com/catalog/product_info/cPath/MAN9%20/pfam_id/PFAM
602/products_id/PRO3757>

We ordered 40 Califone 3066AV in the fall of 2003.  So far, they have
worked fine. The microphone audio is the best I have heard from mic/headset
combos; much better than the KOSS SB30.  The microphones look sturdy and I
am very hopeful that they won't break off as easily as the KOSS SB30, which
were in use since 1997.  After 3+ years, an increasing number of units had
broken microphone parts.  We replaced the remaining units after 6 years
(fall 2003). But let's wait and see how the Califone 3066AV will look in
2009!  Anyway, the audio recording is so good that we don't have to use any
extra $10 desktop mics anymore to get a decent recording.

Regards,
Olaf

Creighton U.