LLTI Archives

April 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:30:39 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:55:29 -0500
>From: "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7483 Russian, Japanese and Chinese fonts in Tandberg and Sony
labs
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

In our recent evaluations of Sony it was clear that it had no support
for non-ASCII at all. I'm not sure about Tandberg, we decided to use CAN8.

For subtitling, Apple's DVD Studio  Pro version 2 has a lovely
interface. I haven't tried putting Japanese or the like into it yet, but
I've never had any trouble with their software in the past.

Carly

--

Check out the ITS Newsletter!
http://webapps.acs.carleton.edu/its/newsletter