LLTI Archives

April 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:56:32 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Fuqiang Zhuo <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:53:57 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Fuqiang Zhuo <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Urgent: Staffing LLC Tech Support

Hi all,

Do you have any information about the guidelines on how to staff your
language center/lab/unit? How do you decide how many or just one half-time
tech support staff  are/is needed? Is it based on one tech support to 50
computers, usage numbers, foreign language faculty, student users, and/or
the whole faculty and student body on campus? Certainly, as time goes by or
after a new center starts, many LLCs may be funded by grants. But if is not
funded by grants, how did you obtain your technology support?

As for a small center, I know that the director probably has to take care
of everything with or without technology support from students.

Thank you for your immediate, direct reply.

Fuqiang Zhuo, Director
Language Learning Center
UC Davis