LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:02:16 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Godwin-Jones <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:40:31 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Bob Godwin-Jones <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Opening for Language Lab Director at VCU

Colleagues,

Our Lab Director is leaving to go back to graduate school and we have
been approved to do a search.  Below is information about the
position and application process.  Please contact me if you have
questions.

Bob Godwin-Jones

***********
Virginia Commonwealth University's College of Humanities and Sciences
invites applications for a non-tenure-track twelve-month collateral
faculty position as Director of the Language Learning Center
appointed to the newly formed School of World Studies beginning June
15 2004.

The position requires: a Masters degree in a field related to second
language learning in hand (PhD preferred); excellent oral/written
communication skills; college level experience teaching beginning and
intermediate courses (preferably in Spanish); ability to relate to a
diverse university population; knowledge of and experience in
state-of-the-art technologies used in language teaching/learning;
interactive web-based language learning resources;
proficiency-oriented language instruction.  Curriculum design in
language for professions and/or language for native speakers,
translation and K-12 teaching experience and knowledge of copyright
issues preferred.

The successful candidate will be expected to: lead the integration of
technology in teaching, faculty development, and outreach; manage
LLC, including software/video/audio collection; liaise with IT
personnel; and teach two courses per year, preferably Spanish.  This
is a full-time, 12-month position renewable yearly.

Applicants should send letter of application, CV, and 3 references to
Prof. Robert Godwin-Jones, Chair, Search Committee for Director of
Language Learning Center, VCU World Studies, Box 842021, Richmond, VA
23284-2021.  Review begins immediately.  Deadline for receipt of
application is April 30, 2004.

Virginia Commonwealth University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer.  Women, minorities and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.