LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:02:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Carolyn Fidelman <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Carolyn Fidelman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7459 Minimum Technology Skills for Educators
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:38:33 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Carol,

A lot of the buzz these days is about the ISTE Standards for teachers.
True, it focuses on K-12 but I think you'll find much of it applies
regardless of the level.

http://cnets.iste.org/teachers/t_stands.html

The use of CMS (course management systems) such as Blackboard and WebCT
is one area that K12 is weak in since that has been mostly a higher ed
phenom up to now. But as I say, a lot of it will be applicable.

Carolyn Fidelman
Doc Student
Educational Research, Measurement and Evaluation
Boston College