LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:29:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Donnie Sendelbach <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:30:20 -0600
>From: Donnie Sendelbach <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Tibetan fonts/keyboard

Dear all,

I have a faculty member who is searching for a font/keyboard set that will allow
him to stack
letters vertically.  After a quick search on the net, we tried downloading a
couple for Windows
2000/NT, but he isn't finding everything he needs.  As I understand it, Tibetan
is typed
horizontally with a few letters that are stacked vertically.  Does anyone have
any suggestions for
freeware sites or commerical products?  An e-mail from him follows:

The problem I have is that I can type single root letter and subscript letters y
and r, but not with
superscript letters r, l, s.  In fact, except for subscribed y and r, I am
unable to type any
combinations of two letters stacking vertically.

Thanks, Donnie

--
Donnie Sendelbach, Ph.D.
Director of the Humanities Computer