LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:30:10 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Sonia Bascur <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:27:22 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Sonia Bascur <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7458 seeking advice on language lab equipment and services

Kimio,
In terms of software it all depends on what you are looking for. CAN8 is
very mucha a listening and gramatical software. Sony is mainly for
listening purposes (I don't know if they have launched any new multimedia
product lately).  It depends on the skill you want to emphasize. In our
case is a combination of mutimedia and communication. We are using Ellis
3.0 for lower levels, Business 3.0 for advanced and Focus on Grammar to
practise structure at all levels.

In term of  equipment we are using PC. We built  our room with our own
computers, and added Microphones and headphone of excellent quality and
insulation.

Univeridad de Chile